The Account Managers main function is to identify key, targeted prospects within their territory and developing and implementing strategies to initiate and cultivate business opportunities. This position requires an experienced professional who would also be a main contact for some of TCI’s largest customers. This position also requires accurate job estimating skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-quotation contact with the customer to determine exactly how to quote the job. This will include managing and interpreting customer requirements, speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
- Read and review through RFQ’s to determine what needs to be supplied for the successful completion of the quotation.
- Perform quote follow-up and calculate client quotations.
- Identify and target potential new accounts.
- Prepare and issue inspection proposal.
- Provide formal inspection quotations to prospects/customers.
- Communicate effectively with TCI personnel as well as customers and prospects.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events and following up on web inquiries.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and act as liaison with other members of the sales team and inspection team members.
- Gain knowledge of the competition and the tank inspection market.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager for strategic planning and sales communication.
- Coordinate efforts with A/P and A/R regarding invoicing and ensuring customer invoices are accurate. This includes assigning job numbers once notified by client that TCI has been awarded the job.
- Collaborate with Scheduler to get estimates for travel and hotel costs, proposal requests, equipment, safety and training needs for personnel.
- Assist with other department duties as workload and staffing level dictates.
- Budgeting and forecasting sales for assigned territories.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- A college degree is desired.
- Previous experience in the aboveground storage or other tank industry is highly desirable.
- Be well versed in the NDT inspection methods gained either from experience and/or education.
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) as needed including having to stay overnight away from home, travel at a moment’s notice, and handle weekend phone calls.
- Must have clean driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ability, attitude, personality and respect for others to work equally well in team situations with a diverse background of co-workers as well as individual work situations performed without direct supervision and entirely self-motivated.
- Computer proficiency, including word-processing and spreadsheet packages. Familiarity with special estimation software or programming skills is highly desirable, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and good communication skills required. Assertiveness and self-confidence in presenting and supporting conclusions are important since it may require sharing knowledge with managers, engineers, and clients.
- Excellent customer relations skills either through the telephone or on a person-to-person basis.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamentals of mathematics.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of DOT and NON-DOT drug testing, background and a post-offer medical examination.
Email resumes to Rkassler@tank-consultants.com
Requisition Number: 14-0021
Post Date: 1/21/2014
Title: Associate Engineer, Tank Integrity
Support the implementation and maintenance of the Company Tank Integrity programs.
Accountabilities include the following and other duties may be assigned -
- Maintain professional knowledge and expertise in a changing environment
- Maintain Tank Integrity related databases and tracking tools
- Prepare data in electronic and/or printed format consistent with departmental standards for use by other personnel throughout Buckeye
- Support the implementation of Buckeye’s Tank Integrity Management Program (IMP) including assessment, repair, and risk management activities
- Work with Tank Integrity Team to establish the tank assessment program and schedule
- Interface with Pipeline Integrity, Corrosion Control, and GIS programs as required to integrate data in support of the overall IMP activities
- Use JDE, GIS, or database applications to generate reports, as necessary
- Receive and perform quality control of tank assessment reports to ensure reports are in compliance with company standards
- Accurately document key decisions and meetings
- Maintain compliance with regulatory driven schedules
- Monitor and direct the work of contractors and evaluate their performance
All employees at Buckeye should exhibit Buckeye’s values of being a Reliable, Safe, Environmentally Responsible, Low-Cost Provider, of showing and accepting Accountability, and being Entrepreneurial.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye employees must display the following competencies to be successful:
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others.
Safety/Environmental - Understands and enhances the safety of our employees, our customers and the public to protect the environment.
Business Acumen -Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of Buckeye’s business.
Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others.
Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - Operates as if Buckeye was his/her own company.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Organizes parts of a problem in a systematic and logical way in order to recognize relationships, identify alternative solutions, set priorities and make sound decisions that align with Buckeye’s Key Values and Guiding Principles.
Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results.
Results Driven - Continually improves performance, approaching work in ways that support the accomplishment of results and meeting/exceeding Buckeye’s performance objectives.
Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required (Mechanical or Civil disciplines preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required; experience with Microsoft Excel is beneficial
- Work Management System, GIS, database software experience is beneficial
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulatory codes relating to above ground storage tank design, inspection, modification and repair is desired.
- Individual must be well-organized, with the ability to keep accurate records and provide status updates.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- In order to be successful in this position, one must have excellent analytical and communication skills to resolve business and operations problems. The individual must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Minimal (~10% of time) travel required for obtaining and auditing field tank information.
- Must be able to climb tank stairways and enter tanks through manways.
- Should be readily available to provide technical assistance during responses to tank releases or other emergencies.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certification in API 653 inspection is not a position prerequisite but will be required for advancement.
- Training in Hazardous Materials Handling and Confined Space Entry helpful.
- PE/EIT registration desirable.
- Normal office environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.